Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Kashyyk- The Battle

"Watch your back, Red 3"

"I can't shake him!"

"Don't worry. Just hold him off for a few moments and... There we go. That got him!" I yelled over the comm as my rickety old X-wing flew through a cloud of exploding Imperial junk.

"Thanks Jek, that's another one I owe you" was the reply from Red 3's pilot, Kork.

"We'll worry about that when we get back to the Independance's bar" I said. But the celebration was short lived, for by the time I had finished saying that I watched a green laser bolt burst through the cockpit of Kork's ship and splash through where the pilots seat should have been. The starfighters controls ignited as the doomed vessel began to spiral to its explosive fate. I watched in horror as one of my best friends was engulfed as his ship slammed into the bridge of a star destoyer.

"Red 6 to Red leader, we lost Kork" I screamed as I frantically turned to search for the TIE responsible for the fatal laser blast.

"I know, Jek. I saw it too" was the reply from the squad leader. "We all know the dangers of being out here. Such a fate is inevitable for some of us. Just don't allow yourslef to succumb to such a destiny. Wait, I see an interceptor- 5 o'clock high."

"I'm on it. He's all mine" I said with more than a hint of revulsion in my voice. I knew that by that point I was a danger to myself. My anger toward the Imperials at this time was out of control, I knew that if I made it out of this one I would be lucky. Recklessness let loose within me. I increased throttle and veered off in the direction indicated by Red leader. There he is! His wingmen already blown away, just skirting the edge of the battle, taking shots as opportunity gives. 'Well not any more,' I thought to myself as the distance closed between his location and my battle-scarred fighter.

He must have saw me coming and zoomed away just in time to avoid my concentrated laser blast. He circled around, trying to maneuver behind me. This was a dangerous situation for me, pitted against a faster and more mobile enemy. I shirked his shots, attempting to get the quick little thing in the sights of my laser cannons. He was just to fast, though.

"This is Red 6 to Red squadron. I got a bogey on me and could use an assist" I yelled into the comm as I continued to evade the green lasers bouncing all around me. With the deflector shields giving way fast and the hull in the condition it was, I highly doubted I would get out of this situation.

"Red 6, this is Blue 2" come over the comm. "Give me just a minute to get a lock on this bastard." I looked behind me and saw an A-wing giving chase to the TIE Interceptor that was causing my woes. The A-wing was designed to match the speed and agility of TIE models, but with shields and greater firepower. As I watched Blue 2 fired 2 concussion missiles which tore apart the flimsy TIE. "Thanks, Blue 2" I said and he buzzed past my cockpit. "Red 6, command says you got yourself a new wingman. I await your orders" was his reply. I was getting a wingman? This was quite an honor! We assisted cleaning up the few TIE squadrons remaining and returned to the Independance once the star destroyers were no more. I set down my bruised and battered ship next to the shiny new A-wing that had probably saved my life. As the tinted cockpit slid open and the pilot removed their helmit I saw a face that I definately didn't expect. So, if you'll excuse me, I must go talk to this new face. Maybe over dinner. Mmm... bacon...

1 Comments:

Blogger Erifia Apoc said...

Jek, sweetie. It's great you are posting!

But no-one knows because you don't comment anywhere.

Go to other blogs, comment on posts. And be sure when you post to go to...

http://www.blogrolling.com/ping.phtml

there and fill out the form.

Keep posting. Ever since Wedge Antilles stopped posting, we need some representation of the Rebellion.

Get out there. Speak, and keep positing! I enjoyed it.

(By the way... the random code was... "eqrpdf" a little bit of editing, and we have a eqr.pdf, its a PDF file!)

1/11/2007 10:03 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home